Access to Journals and Databases
Click below and fill out the sign-up form. You will get an e-mail from the organization(s) you select with information on how to register on their websites.
Please be aware, some journals require an individual review before access is granted.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership in AHCJ includes free access to journals and databases, including:
- Carevoyance: Carevoyance is a health care-specific search and discovery platform built on a broad collection of health care data. Carevoyance allows users to access information from across hundreds of previously disparate and siloed public and private data sources for a single portal. Read more.
- Elsevier's ClinicalKey and ScienceDirect: ClinicalKey is the world’s first Clinical Insight Engine that lets you take advantage of the world’s largest online database of science, technical and medical information with ScienceDirect. Read more.
- UpToDate.com is an electronic medical information resource with detailed information about the epidemiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of most medical conditions. Content is created, reviewed and updated by more than 5,100 physician authors and editors. Normally, individual subscriptions run up to $499 a year. Read more about UpToDate.
- Along with the important resource of the Cochrane Library our members have come to trust, you now have access to all health science titles published on Wiley Online Library. With this benefit, you can read millions of articles from more than 1,500 journals, including Cochrane Library, Cancer, Journal of the American Heart Association and more. Read more.
- Annual Reviews, which publishes reviews in more than 40 focused disciplines within the biomedical, life, physical and social sciences. Annual Reviews journals are among the most highly cited in scientific literature as indexed by the Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports®. This would cost thousands of dollars if you signed up on your own. Read more about what Annual Reviews offers.
- Health Affairs, the respected health policy journal (a $125 value!). Read more about what Health Affairs offers.
- American Journal of Public Health, dedicated to original work in research, research methods, and program evaluation in the field of public health. (a $200 value!). Read more about what the American Journal of Public Health offers.
- The JAMA Network offers online access to 12 leading peer-reviewed medical research journals published by the Chicago-based American Medical Association.
- The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene is the peer-reviewed journal of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, a nonprofit, professional organization whose mission is to promote world health by the prevention and control of tropical disease through research and education..The journal includes original scientific articles covering new research with an emphasis on laboratory science and the application of technology in the fields of tropical medicine, parasitology, immunology, infectious diseases, epidemiology, basic and molecular biology, virology and international medicine. The press login includes access via a free mobile app available in the Apple store and from Google Play.
- The Medical Letter is pleased to offer any member of the Association of Health Care Journalists a free subscription to The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics. This publication provides critical appraisals of new prescription drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases. Essential to health care providers who want objective drug analyses to improve their prescribing decisions, the content is being made available to health care journalists for use in their research and reporting. Subscriptions include online access, print and a free mobile app.
The Medical Letter’s editorial process is designed to ensure that the information it provides represents an unbiased consensus of medical experts. Now reporters can use the same source for essential drug information in your reporting that health care providers use.
Request your free subscription to The Medical Letter on Drugs and Therapeutics through AHCJ today. (Yours free - a $129/year value.)